Welcome back to the Trader Top 9. Another interesting week in traditional and crypto markets, with a big insurgency in the DeFi space.
9. You may have seen a big uptick in discussions around decentralized finance ("DeFi") concepts like “yield farming” and “liquidity mining.” Here’s a big thread with a background explanation.
8. Of course, this is a highly speculative, risky area.
7. Still, many observers are arguing that it is extremely bullish for ETH
6. Whatever the case, the numbers show that there is some serious focus on this space
5. Speaking of numbers, the numbers around economic recovery remain confusing. Unemployment is stubbornly high, but consumer spending seems up?
4. Then again, the equities markets are clearly being driven by a handful of tech stocks.
3. Then again, if you price the equities markets in gold, you get a much more sensible picture.
2. And what about bitcoin? There is no doubt that there is interest - with the biggest options expiry ever coming up on Friday
1. What’s more, there was some big news with long term potential this week. PayPal is reportedly on the verge of allowing bitcoin buying/selling. Bullish.