Bitcoin continues to remain rangebound in the low to mid 30s. As we wait for a decisive move, let's take a look at some of the biggest news events of the week. FTX continued its marketing dominance by inking Tom Brady to a deal. A bitcoin billionaire died at sea and many are wondering who has access to his keys. And a U.S. congressman wants to ban crypto. Those are just a few of the stories in this week's Trader Top 9!
9. Another week, another Chinese "war" on cryptocurrency. Feels like deja vu.
8. Regulators have long had Binance in their sights. Well, the UK finally took a shot. But will banning "Binance Markets Ltd." result in any significant change?
7. Brad Sherman, a congressman from California, wants to ban crypto because he thinks 46% of transactions are illegal. Does he want to ban the U.S. dollar too?
6. New York loves being elite but not sure this is the list it had in mind.
5. Perhaps New York should follow Singapore's model, which is to highlight the risks but encourage innovation.
4. FTX certainly knows how to make a splash. They partnered with the Miami Heat, MLB, and now Tom Brady. Is hockey next?
3. A new partnership between NCR and NYDIG will further expand everyday access to bitcoin.
2. Mircea Popescu, a bitcoin billionaire, has apparently died at sea. Does someone have his keys? Or will his bitcoin be lost forever?
1. While some may be hoping to strike it rich in crypto, Sam Bankman-Fried perfectly summarizes what he loves most about crypto.