Welcome back to another jam-packed Trader Top 9! Last week, the momentum for bitcoin adoption continued as household names such as PayPal and Visa continued to expand their crypto footprint. This week, governments around the world embrace bitcoinand Coinbase continues to grab headlines after the release of its Q1 financial report.
9. First, let's take this opportunity to wish Satoshi Nakamoto a happy belated birthday as he turned 46 on April 5. Without him, there would be no bitcoin, and no Trader Top 9 either!
8. A few weeks ago the Oakland A's made headlines by announcing that the organization would begin accepting bitcoin as payment for a full-season suite. Now, another sports franchise is getting involved. The Sacramento Kings will now allow employees, including the team's players, to receive their salary in bitcoin.
7. As exciting as the news from the Sacramento Kings was, they were not the only NBA participant to express interest in bitcoin. When asked what he does for a living, the NBA's reigning MVP, Giannis Antetokounmpo, joked and said "bitcoin." That's some impressive marketing!
6. A major reason why NBA employees, and workers all over the world, may want to consider getting paid in bitcoin is that inflation continues to rear its ugly head, despite what the official inflation rate might indicate.
5. By now, the crypto community is likely numb when it comes to dealing with FUD. Even so, it's important to address it when needed. Specifically, people continue to claim that governments around the world may ban bitcoin if it threatens FIAT. Well, Ukraine appears to have other ideas!
4. Ukraine isn't the only country to demonstrate its interest in crypto. The UAE acknowledged that crypto will play a major role in its economy going forward.
3. While some U.S. politicians may still be unconvinced about bitcoin and crypto, Peter Thiel is doing his part to persuade them that bitcoin is the future!
2. Of course, no other news this week can compare to the excitement that Coinbase generated after the release of its Q1 financial report. As the company's direct listing date approaches, the crypto community gears up for what is sure to be a wild week!
1. One last but very important thing to remember. Although many of us may not have a financial interest in Coinbase (at least prior to the IPO), just realize that if Coinbase wins, bitcoin and crypto win. We're all in this together!