Bitcoin trading action may be relatively quiet but the crypto news continues to roll in. Is inflation permanent or transitory? Can New York City challenge Miami for bitcoin supremacy? And John McAfee, a flawed man but a crypto legend, was found dead on Wednesday. Those are just a few of the stories in this week's Trader Top 9!
9. There are only 3 certainties in life: Death, Taxes, and China Bitcoin FUD.
8. Is the "crypto needs to be regulated" narrative based in reality? The $2.5 billion in fines since 2009 would seem to suggest otherwise.
7. Inflation has reared its ugly head but are higher prices here to stay? David Morris, from CoinDesk, says the answer is no.
6. Crypto trading isn't easy and anyone who says otherwise likely hasn't experienced the swing of emotions that many of you have. Which phase are you currently in?
5. IPOs may not be crypto related but they do show that Robinhood, a major player in the crypto space, is determined to level the playing field between Wall Street and Main Street.
4. DeFi has grown faster than anyone thought possible but it may soon have to make a choice: anonymity or regulation?
3. Although Miami might consider itself the bitcoin center of America, New York City wants in on the action.
2. Wyoming Senator Cynthia Lummis says she's excited to buy the bitcoin dip. But is it actually the bottom? Well, Alameda is now long and do you really want to bet against Alameda? Good luck!
1. John McAfee was found dead in a Spanish prison on Wednesday. He was a flawed man but he lived life his way and did a lot to bring attention to the crypto space. For that, we owe him a big thank you. Rest in peace John!