Welcome back to Cove Markets' Trader Top 9! What a week it's been, with some of the biggest news and most anticipated events in bitcoin of the year. Let's dive in!
9. The halving represents a key milestone in Bitcoin's life. CoinMetrics looked at how far the ecosystem around and usage of bitcoin had advanced in the previous 4 years.
8. Some made the point that, although it felt like all eyes were on the space, anyone who even cared about this event was still early
7. Perhaps the most important point of the halving was the predictability of it - the assurance of a monetary policy that will not change.
6. This is particularly resonant as crisis-time monetary and fiscal policy is creating serious questions around currencies (and the political orders around them)
5. Indeed, even notables like hedge fund legend Paul Tudor Jones are announcing interest in bitcoin as a hedge against what Jones called the “Great Monetary Inflation"
4. Read Jones’ letter explaining his thesis directly.
And then check out how this particularly category of investor is participating in the markets
3. Interestingly, Jones’ seems not to be alone. While there is significant new interest coming into the space, it seems to be more institutional than retail.
2. JPMorgan announcing that it would be banking Coinbase and Gemini was particularly notable in this context.
1. All in all, there has perhaps never been a better narrative moment for bitcoin and other hard assets than the era of unlimited central bank money!