Chia (XCH), dubbed “Green Bitcoin,” is a project catching the interest of many cryptocurrency enthusiasts. The best feature of this coin is that it lets miners mine using SSD or HDD while using much less power and money. Together, we shall discover what is Chia (XCH) and its highlights in this post.
What is Chia Network (XCH)?
Chia Network is a decentralized blockchain network that aims to provide a more efficient and secure alternative to the Bitcoin network. The Chia network is based on a new consensus algorithm called Proof of Space and Time, which is designed to be more energy-efficient and secure than the Proof of Work consensus algorithm used by Bitcoin. The Chia network also features a new block structure that is designed to be more scalable than the Bitcoin block structure.
Background of Chia
The Chia Network is a for-profit company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It is registered in Delaware. The platform came out on the market in August 2017 to help Ethereum users and companies looking for blockchain services with problems they were having. Bram Cohen, who made the BitTorrent network, is the founder of Chia.
In March 2018, the Chia Network successfully secured $3.3 million in seed funding. This was complemented by a Beta network release that included full wallet functionality, transactions, and smart coins on the testnet blockchain. Since then, Chia has seen considerable adoption due to its many advantages over earlier networks.
How Does Chia Work?
Chia is a cutting-edge consensus algorithm that utilizes Proof of Space and Time to secure the network and prevent bad actors from manipulating the blockchain. This innovative system leverages the vast amounts of unused hard drive space to create a new Nakamoto Consensus, making it the first of its kind since Bitcoin in 2009.
Proof of Space is a cryptographic technique where farmers show they have spare hard drive space they’re willing to allocate to the network. Time Proof makes the blockchain more secure by making it resistant to 51% attacks in most cases. You can learn more about PoST in the Chia Green Paper and the new consensus working document. Chia 1.1 version of consensus is secure against 51% attacks under almost all conditions.
Chia is a more energy-efficient and inclusive alternative to proof-of-work blockchains while being just as secure. Chia is also much less vulnerable to attack or manipulation than proof-of-stake blockchains and does not suffer from the issue of “the rich getting richer” and the centralizing effects of staking. Chia provides the security and safety of Bitcoin and the functional benefits of a more secure on-chain innovative coin environment.
What Problems Does Chia Solve?
Chia’s primary objective is to offer users more transparency and security than previously available on other networks. Chia functions as a payment system that operates on a peer-to-peer basis, thereby doing away with many of the inefficiencies commonplace in the current market. Furthermore, Chia provides a decentralized alternative to the traditional financial system.
Besides, Chia network aims to solve several problems other blockchains have failed to address. These include scalability, security, and sustainability.
- Scalability: Chia is designed to be scalable so that it can handle a large number of transactions without compromising on speed or security.
- Security: Chia uses a unique consensus algorithm designed to be secure and resistant to 51% attacks.
- Sustainability: Chia is designed to be sustainable in the long term, with a proof-of-stake consensus algorithm that does not require energy-intensive mining.
The Chia Team
A skilled team is constructing the Chia project with outstanding prior accomplishments, including:
- Bram Cohen (Founder and CEO):He is the inventor of BitTorrent, which the Tron Foundation eventually purchased for $140 million.
- Ryan (Co-Founder and COO): He co-founded CryptoCorp, a company that provides multi-signature security, and the first US exchange, TradeHill.
- Mitch Edwards (CFO and Advisor): He formerly served as Overstock.com’s CEO.
- Gene Hoffman (Chairman of the Board): He formerly served as Nasdaq’s CEO.
- The project has raised a total of $16 million from ventures like Andreessen Horowitz and Greylock, Naval Ravikant, Breyer Capital, Collaborative Fund, IDEO Colab, a16z Crypto, True Ventures, Galaxy Digital, Cygni Capital, Greylock Partners, DCM, Metastable, StillMark Capital, and Kamal Ravikant.
- The project also got an extra $5 million from Slow Ventures to build Defi applications on Chia.
What Is XCH Token?
XCH serves as the Chia network’s utility token. Users are encouraged to join the network using this token. With quick transactions, XCH can function as a coin. Furthermore, to use any Chia network features, you must hold down XCH.
Basic Information About XCH
- Token Name: Chia Token
- Ticker: XCH
- Blockchain: Chia Network
- Token Standard: Updating…
- Contract: Updating…
- Token Type: Utility, governance.
- Total Supply: 25,832,059 XCH
- Circulating Supply: 4,848,253.00 XCH
At the moment, there is no information about XCH Allocation. But Details provided below are how XCH tokens aren mined.
The current supply of XCH is 22,582,025. 21 million XCH were pre-farmed to help fund the creation and administration of Chia. According to the Chia Network (XCH) whitepaper, farming rewards follow this schedule:
- 64 chia will be created every 10 minutes for the first three years after launch
- 32 chia will be created every 10 minutes in years four through six after launch
- 16 chia will be created every 10 minutes in years seven through nine after launch
- Eight chia will be created every 10 minutes in years ten through 12
- Four chia will be created every 10 minutes for every year after year 12
That means the network itself controls most XCH and only 21 years from mainnet launch, the farming rewards will catch up with the size of the strategic reserve.
Price of XCH Today
- The live Chia price today is $42.15 USD
- 24-hour trading volume of $4,704,052 USD. We update our XCH to USD price in real-time. Chia is up 0.03% in the last 24 hours. The current CoinMarketCap ranking is #144
- Market cap of $203,675,640 USD. It has a circulating supply of 4,832,059 XCH coins
What is XCH Used For?
- Chia, nicknamed “Green Bitcoin”, is aiming to become a digital currency that is easier to use than cash. According to the founders, it will be able to improve financial and payment systems around the world.
- The Chia Network’s native token is Chia (XCH), which is used for transactions and rewards for miners. The developers allude to Bitcoin by leaving 21 million coins in reserve when launching the main network. The project team plans to use this strategic reserve to fund the network’s development.
- The Chia coin has been dubbed “the second Bitcoin” by some users — this cryptocurrency can also perform the functions of exchange, purchase of goods and services, and accumulation. However, the developers have focused efforts on making these processes as easy as possible and making operations faster and cheaper.
At the moment, members of the crypto community see in Chia the potential for earnings and rush to get as many coins as possible. In any case, the project deserves attention, and investors are watching the prospects of its development.
How to Buy XCH Tokens?
Follow the 4 steps below to buy XCH peer to peer:
Open a Stably Prime Trust account
- Sign up for a Stably account.
- You will need to provide your name, email address, phone number
Fund your Stably account by depositing USD to your Stably Prime account
- Go through Stably’s Know-Your-Customer (KYC) process to complete setting up your account (this is usually instant but may take up to a day or two to complete ).
- After the KYC process has completed, you can initiate a “Deposit” by transferring from a traditional bank through ACH or a domestic or international wire transfer. Credit and debit cards are coming soon.
Withdraw USDS directly to your Chia light wallet
- Download and install the Chia Light wallet
- In the Light Wallet go to +Add Token and select “Stably USD”
- From your Stably USD account, click on Withdraw → Stablecoins → USDS
- Add your USDS Chia wallet in Stably and then specify the amount of USDS to complete your withdrawal
Post or redeem an offer to trade USDS for XCH
Post an offer or monitor the offers being posted at Keybase – chia_offers, Hashgreen, Offerbin, Offerpool, or Dexie.
How to Store XCH Coins?
The XCH coin is stored in a digital wallet. Many different types of wallets can be used to store cryptocurrencies. Some wallets are designed for a specific type of cryptocurrency, while others can store multiple types of digital assets.
The Exodus wallet is one of the most popular wallets for storing XCH coins. This wallet is free to download and is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. The Exodus wallet supports more than 100 different cryptocurrencies, including XCH.
Another popular option for storing XCH coins is the Jaxx wallet. This wallet is also free to download and is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. The Jaxx wallet supports more than 85 different cryptocurrencies, including XCH.
Goals of Chia
The goals of Chia Network are to provide a more secure, sustainable, and decentralized cryptocurrency that is superior to existing cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
To achieve these goals, Chia has implemented several innovative features, including a new consensus algorithm called Proof of Space and Time, a new block structure that is more efficient and scalable, and a new way of distributing rewards that incentivizes more widespread participation.
Prospect Of XCH
Chia price prediction – Remember that price forecasts, particularly long-term ones, can frequently be inaccurate. With this in mind, let’s look at an XCH price prediction.
- According to Gov Capital, In a pessimistic prediction, believes Chia might reach zero in a year.
- DigitalCoinPrice: The website thinks the Chia price prediction for 2022 could be $89.90, while it reckons the Chia price prediction for 2023 could be $100.34. The website’s Chia price prediction for 2025 stands at $129.07, and the Chia price prediction for 2030 is $308.17.
- Price Prediction:The platform predicts that the coin will average $116.72 by 2022 before rising to an average price of $372.23 by 2025. Chia’s price prediction for 2030 is an impressive $2,252.25.
How to earn XCH tokens?
In the Chia network, mining blocks to earn XCH coins is quite simple. Browse the homepage, download the mining tool (which supports both MAC and Windows), and run it on a computer with lots of hard disks.
You can become miners to get XCH Token.
Should you invest in Chia?
This is a difficult question to answer, as there are many factors to consider when making investment decisions. Some things to think about include the current market conditions, your financial situation, and your investment goals.
Ultimately, it is up to the individual investor to decide whether or not to invest in Chia.
Is investing in XCH risky?
XCH may be a risky investment, or it may not be. It depends on several factors, including your investment goals and objectives, your risk tolerance, and your investment timeline. You should consult a financial advisor to get specific advice about your situation.
All trading and investments carry risk, making it possible to lose money. Because they are primarily unregulated, cryptocurrencies are not protected.
Why is Chia popular?
Chia XCH is popular because it is a decentralized cryptocurrency that uses blockchain technology to provide secure and transparent transactions. Chia XCH is also faster and more scalable than other cryptocurrencies, which makes it attractive to investors and users.
Is it the right time to buy XCH?
Chia (XCH) can be viewed as a worthwhile long-term investment choice. If all goes according to plan in the upcoming years, it might reach a new record high.
You need to consult a financial advisor before making any investment decisions.
What can I buy with XCH?
You can purchase Chia (XCH) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Uphold. These niche markets, which function like stock trading platforms, let you buy and sell bitcoins.
XCH can be used to purchase goods and services on the XCH Platform.
How is Chia different from other blockchain projects?
Due to its decentralized blockchain, Chia offers much higher security than other cryptocurrencies. The strength, transparency, and security of Chia’s new clever transaction programming language, Chialisp, will enable the security, usability, and convenience of use that cryptocurrencies offer.
Chia is unique in its approach to blockchain technology. Rather than rely on energy-intensive proof-of-work (PoW) or proof-of-stake (PoS) algorithms, Chia relies on a novel proof-of-space and proof-of-time (PoX) consensus mechanism. This makes the Chia network more environmentally friendly and scalable than other blockchain projects.
Can I convert Chia coins to other currencies?
The exchange where you purchased your XCH also allows you to convert or sell it: Log in to the exchange where XCH is listed. Comparing cryptocurrency exchanges will let you restore or sell your Chia if you have it in a digital wallet. Place a sell order and select Sell or Convert.
How can I find more information about Chia?
There is a lot of information about Chia(XCH) available online. You can find more information about Chia(XCH) on their website (https://www.chia.net/) and in their whitepaper.
You have undoubtedly discovered your explanation of “What is Chia Network?” and “How it works” reading this page. The promise of the cryptocurrency market is seen in XCH in general and Chia coin in particular. Hopefully, these shares will enable traders to have successful investing plans.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is not investment advice from Cove Markets. Cryptocurrency investment activities are yet to be recognized and protected by the laws in some countries. Cryptocurrencies always contain financial risks.