Helium (HNT) is a decentralized blockchain-based network for Internet of Things (IoT) gadgets. Many platforms, technologies, and services are moving from centralized proprietary systems to open, decentralized ones in a world that is constantly decentralizing and has a booming economy. The Helium network was built with the primary goal of encouraging the development of physical, decentralized wireless networks.
What is Helium (HNT)?
Helium (HNT) is a decentralized blockchain-powered platform for the Internet of Things (IoT) devices. As per the whitepaper, the aim of creating the Helium network is to incentivize the creation of physical and decentralized wireless networks.
Blockchain networks are introduced to create peer-to-peer (P2P) networks. A decentralized transaction ledger’s importance has been demonstrated by digital assets like Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and others.
The Helium network is a decentralized wireless network that enables devices to freely connect to the internet and geolocate themselves from anywhere in the globe without the need for pricey cellular subscriptions or power-hungry satellite positioning gear.
The Helium Network is powered by a new type of wireless technology called LongFi, which can transmit data up to 10 miles with very little power. The Helium Network is designed to be an alternative to the current internet infrastructure, which is expensive and centralized.
Background of Helium
Helium’s three co-founders Amir Haleem, Shawn Fanning and Sean Carey started the company in 2013. Launched in July 2019, the Helium mainnet allows low-powered wireless devices to communicate with each other and send data across its network of nodes.
Helium aims to improve the communication capabilities of wireless Internet of Things (IoT) devices. The Helium Network is a decentralized wireless Internet of Things (IoT) network using the LoRaWAN system, tied to the cryptocurrency Helium Network Token (symbol HNT).
Nodes on the network are generally owned and placed by individuals in their homes or offices, and they are rewarded for their participation in the network in payments of HNT.
A blockchain-based cryptocurrency called The Helium Network aims to build a decentralized wireless network that is not dependent on cellular towers or satellite infrastructure. With Helium, anybody can own and manage a wireless Internet of Things (IoT) network using a unique, portable radio router called a hotspot.
How Does Helium Work?
The Helium Network is a decentralized wireless network that anyone can join and earn rewards for participating in. The network consists of two parts: the Helium Blockchain and the Helium Hotspot.
- The Helium Blockchain is a decentralized ledger that tracks data and hotspot locations, while the Helium Hotspot is a physical device that connects to the Helium Blockchain and broadcasts a signal that can be picked up by other devices on the network. Hotspots earn rewards for every device that connects to them, and these rewards can be used to offset the cost of running the hotspot or withdrawn in cash.
- The Helium Network is a blockchain-based cryptocurrency that uses a distributed network of helium-3 mining nodes to create a decentralized wireless network. Nodes on the network will be able to connect to one another to form a mesh network, eliminating the need for cellular towers or satellite infrastructure. Transactions on the network will be processed through a peer-to-peer network of nodes, ensuring that no third party is able to monopolize the flow of information.
What Problems Does Helium Solve?
The Helium network aims to provide a decentralized and affordable IoT data network. The network will allow for devices to connect to the internet without the need for a traditional cellular data plan. The Helium network will also allow for devices to communicate with each other without the need for a central server.
There are millions of connected devices in the world, and connecting these devices to the Helium network is significantly cheaper than buying a cellular data plan for each device. Because of the hot spots’ long range, Helium’s network can also reach places that typical Wi-Fi and cellular networks don’t.
The Helium Network (HNT) is a decentralized network that uses blockchain technology to create a new payment system. The network allows users to send and receive payments without having to go through a bank or other financial institution. The HNT also allows users to use the network to purchase goods and services.
The Helium Network (HNT) solves the following problems:
- Security: The HNT platform uses blockchain technology to create a secure, reliable and efficient platform.
- Transaction speed: The HNT platform uses the Helium network to speed up transactions.
- Accessibility: The HNT platform is accessible to all users.
- Cost: The HNT platform is cost-effective.
Read more: TOP 10 Best Blockchain Solutions & Its Use Cases In 2023: What Are The Benefits
The Helium Team
Shawn Fanning, Sean Carey, and Amir Haleem are Helium’s three co-founders.
- Shawn Fanning: American computer programmer, business owner, and angel investor Shawn Fanning. In 1999, he created Napster, one of the earliest widely used peer-to-peer (“P2P”) file-sharing networks. Napster was very popular, and Fanning appeared on the cover of Time magazine.
- Amir Haleem is CEO & Co-Founder at Helium. Previously, he served as CTO & Co-Founder at Diversion, Inc. Haleem has experience in both eSports and active game creation. Fanning, on the other hand, is most known for creating Napster, a music-sharing service that was among the first widely used peer-to-peer (P2P) internet services in the late 1990s.
- Sean Carey has had 4 past jobs, including CTO & Co-Founder at Helium. Carey meanwhile held many development roles prior to Helium, including ad optimization company Where, which was acquired by PayPal.
Helium’s team currently includes members who the company says have experience in “radio and hardware, manufacturing, distributed systems, peer-to-peer technology, and blockchain.”
- Nestle ReadyRefresh: One of the first customers to test Helium for water monitoring in Connecticut
- Agulus: Agulus uses Helium to automate water distribution based on wireless sensors connected to Helium Hotspots
- Lime: Global bike and scooter sharing service Lime used the Helium Network to find lost bikes and scooters
- Conserv: Connect with Helium to provide information about the artwork
- Careband: Provides consumers with a wireless wearable device to monitor the location and temperature of individuals working in the hospital or office environments to help track COVID-related contacts. Careband is using the Helium network to track the location of wearable devices
- BCycle: Offers bike-sharing in the United States. BCycle is using Helium to track bikes
What Is HNT Token?
The cryptocurrency known as Helium Crypto Token (HNT) is associated with the Helium innovative approach to telecommunication infrastructure that uses blockchain as its foundation to build a distributed network of nodes of low-powered wireless devices connected into a network and enabling data exchange.
Helium (HNT) tokens are used to purchase access to the Helium network and to reward radio transmitters for providing coverage. Helium (HNT) tokens are required to activate a Helium hotspot. Helium hotspots earn rewards for providing network coverage. The more Helium tokens a hotspot owner stakes, the more rewards they earn. Helium (HNT) tokens can be purchased on major cryptocurrency exchanges.
Basic Information About HNT
- Token Name: HNT Token
- Ticker: HNT
- Blockchain: Helium Blockchain
- Contract: Updating
- Token Type: Utility, Governance
- Total Supply: 223,000,000
- Circulating Supply: 123,888,510.64 HNT
- Miners: 66.9%
- Investors: 21.5%
- Helium Treasury: 11.6%
Additionally, Token Distribution For Helium, this is 100% of the HNT generated are dispersed among the following categories at the end of each epoch:
- Network Data Transfer: 35%,
- Hotspot infrastructure: 30%
- Investors and Helium, Inc.: 35%
HNT has no Pre Sale. However, Helium Security Tokens (HST) were sold to investors between 2014 and 2020, from which the Helium team raised a total of $55M. HST holders will receive 34% of the mining rewards (investors receive 21.50%, and the rest is divided among the project team).
Price of HNT Today
- The current price is $8.145721 per HNT
- Market cap: $835,944,830
- 24H Volume: $11,063,785
What is HNT Used For?
- The Helium network uses the HNT token as its medium of exchange and payment system. They are also used to pay for services and goods on the network.
- The Helium Network is a decentralized machine network that anyone can join to earn cryptocurrency. Helium HotSpots are gateways that connect devices to the Helium Network and enable end users to purchase data credits, which are used to power IoT applications. HNT tokens are used to purchase data credits on the Helium Network. Data credits are used to power IoT applications built on the Helium Network.
How to Buy HNT Tokens?
The best way to buy Helium tokens is to use a reputable cryptocurrency exchange like Binance. You can also buy Helium from other popular exchanges like Kucoin and Huobi Global.
There are two ways to buy Helium (HNT) tokens:
- Directly on the Helium website with a credit card or PayPal account: If you want to buy Helium (HNT) tokens directly from the Helium website, you will need to create an account and verify your identity. Once your account is verified, you can purchase Helium (HNT) tokens with a credit card or PayPal account.
- On an exchange like Binance, Kucoin, or Huobi Global: If you want to buy Helium (HNT) tokens on an exchange, you will first need to create an account on the exchange and deposit funds into your account. Once your account is funded, you can then buy Helium (HNT) tokens on the exchange.
Read more: Binance Vs BinanceUS Guide 2023: Which Exchange is Best?
How to Store HNT Coins?
The Helium coin can be stored in a digital wallet and is used to purchase products and services on the Helium network:
- Helium Wallets: Numerous wallet programs are available in blockchain projects to assist users in managing their own private keys, enabling them to sign transactions and move assets. A wallet keeps track of Hotspots, Helium Network Tokens (HNT), and/or Data Credits for the Helium Network (DC).
- Helium Wallet App: The Helium Core Team stated in February 2023 that the present Helium Hotspot app will be divided into its two functional parts: managing Hotspots and managing Tokens. To maintain your tokens and identity on the Helium Network, use the Helium Wallet App.
If you want to store Helium (HNT) coins, the best place to do so is in a wallet that supports the ERC20 token standard. Many popular cryptocurrency wallets support ERC20 tokens, including MyEtherWallet, MetaMask, and Trust Wallet.
Read more: What is Metamask and Trust Wallet? Difference of Metamask Vs Trust Wallet? Which Is Better For You 2023
Goals of Helium
The Helium Network is designed to be the world’s first peer-to-peer wireless data network. Helium’s goal is to provide a decentralized, secure, and cost-effective way for people and devices to connect to the internet. Helium’s vision is to create a global, decentralized IoT data network that is easy to use and accessible to everyone.
Helium’s long-range wireless protocol is the first to make it possible to connect low-power devices over miles without the need for gateways, making it an ideal solution for connecting IoT devices in rural and remote areas.
The Helium blockchain provides a secure and decentralized way to track the location and data of connected devices, and rewards users for participating in the network with Helium tokens (HNT).
Prospect Of HNT
According to DigitalCoinPrice’s HNT cryptocurrency price prediction, Helium will cost $15.53 by the end of July and $15.83 by the end of the year. According to its HNT price forecast for 2025, the currency will have an average value of $22.56; by 2030, it may reach $53.68.
Gov.Capital is even more upbeat; according to its HNT price forecast for 2023, the currency will surpass the $30 threshold in October of this year.
The price is then predicted to rise dramatically, reaching an astounding $64.94 in one year and $478.18 in five years.
Optimistic forecasts predict average prices of $10.58 in July and $12.03 in December 2023. An annual average of $38.73 is predicted for 2025, while $263.26 is predicted for the HNT price in 2030.
How to earn HNT tokens?
You can earn Helium tokens by completing various tasks, such as contributing to the Helium network, developing apps for the Helium platform, or participating in the Helium community.
Should you invest in Helium?
It depends on your specific financial situation and goals. Some people may find the Helium tokens appealing for their potential to grow in value, while others may view them as a speculative investment. Ultimately, it is important to do your own research before making any investment decisions.
Read more: Cryptocurrency Arbitrage: A Guide to Trading Strategies
Is investing in HNT risky?
Yes, as with any cryptocurrency, there is always some degree of risk involved. However, the Helium network is designed to be highly secure and decentralized, which reduces the overall risk.
Why is Helium popular?
Helium (HNT) is popular because it is a very efficient and secure way to store data. It is also very easy to use and has a very user-friendly interface.
Is it the right time to buy HNT?
The right time to buy Helium (HNT) is when you believe the price is undervalued and has the potential to increase in the future.
What can I buy with HNT?
You can use Helium (HNT) to purchase various goods and services. Some of the things you can buy include:
- Airtime for your mobile phone
- Data for your mobile phone
- Gift cards for popular retailers
- Pay for your Uber rides
- Purchase items from the Helium Marketplace
How is Helium different from other blockchain projects?
- Helium is a new blockchain project that aims to provide better scalability and performance than other blockchain projects.
- Helium is the first wireless decentralized network designed for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications. Helium’s LongFi technology enables devices to connect to the internet from anywhere, without the need for Wi-Fi, cell towers, or satellite infrastructure.
Can I convert Helium coins to other currencies?
Yes, Helium can be converted to other currencies using online exchanges.
How can I find more information about Helium?
If you want to find more information about Helium, you can visit the company’s website or contact their customer service team.
If you’re looking for a decentralized platform to power your IoT devices, Helium (HNT) is a great option. With its blockchain technology, Helium provides a secure and reliable way to connect and manage your devices.
So why not give it a try? You can learn more about Helium and how it works by visiting covemarket.com.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is not investment advice from Cove Markets. Cryptocurrency investment activities are yet to be recognized and protected by the laws in some countries. Cryptocurrencies always contain financial risks.
What Is Loopring Coin (LRC) &; How It Works: Full Review Of 2023 For Crypto Traders
TOP 12 Best Altcoins To Trade &HODL In 2023: Best Trading Coins For Beginner
TOP 10 Best ERC20 Coins To Trade & HODL In 2023: A Full Guidance Of Potential Crypto For Traders