Oasis Network is a big name in crypto world and its native token, ROSE, has ranks on top of the markets for year. You can discover everything you need to know about what is Oasis Network from this post.
As part of the ongoing Coin & Token series, Cove Markets will provide in-depth details about the Oasis Labs project and its token in this article.
What is Oasis Network (ROSE)?
Oasis Network is the top layer-1 blockchain network with privacy support and scalability for building pricacy smart contracts. It provides a next-generation basis for Web3 and will power DeFi, GameFi, NFTs, Metaverse, Data tokenization, and Data DAOs by combining high throughput, cheap gas prices, and safe architecture.
With Oasis, web3 advances, scaling and maturing from its beginnings. Oasis just announced the $235 million Ecosystem Fund to assist initiatives to expand the network with the cooperation of leading industry backers. The ecosystem’s technological contributor, Oasis Labs, has collaborated with companies including Meta, BMW Group Genetica, and others to develop confidential smart contracts, platforms and products that advance data governance, personal privacy protection, and responsible data use.
Background of Oasis
Dawn Song, the project’s founder, first conceived of the Oasis Network idea. Song created a brand-new paradigm in which secure online data privacy is possible. People would have complete, responsible control over their sensitive data under such a paradigm, with the ability to make money from it.
Following the emergence of this project concept, Dawn eventually established Oasis Labs in 2018, where the core work for the creation of the Oasis Network project was completed. Dawn constantly emphasized that developing technology that could use data in a way that protected users’ privacy was a crucial component of Oasis’ aim during the project’s development.
Although data can power the world economy in ways that are currently unimaginable, it should be treated as property by developers because once it is put at risk, it can become potentially hazardous. Oasis Network was founded to alter how business is conducted online and in the crypto space because of this.
How Does Oasis Work?
The first thing to remember is that Oasis is an entirely decentralized network that runs on participation-based proofs. It is a privacy-first layer-1 network. Oasis Network is unique as a highly scalable blockchain that enables security and privacy in decentralized finance and the maintenance of a responsible data economy where the user owns the data.
This network provides a genuine alternative to existing approaches like confidentiality and decentralization coupled in a single project. Due to ParaTime’s support for the Ethereum Virtual Machine, Oasis is compatible with the Ethereum network. Additionally, it supports all robustness tools, with the bonus of providing better speed and cheaper gas prices than the Ethereum blockchain.
The blockchain has 2 main layer: Consensus layer and Paratime layer
- The consensus layer: acts as a hub that uses a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) mechanism to secure the network and reach a consensus on transaction validity.
- ParaTime Layer: an environment that hosts many parallel runtimes (ParaTimes), each representing a replicated computation environment with a shared state.
This network can function because of a few elements, which will be briefly detailed below.
- Oasis Network: This privacy-focused technology was initially made possible by the network created for the next-generation blockchain. The network’s integration with various wallets, DeFi world applications, nodes, and other distinctive elements gives it its distinctiveness.
- Oasis Foundation: The primary goal of this foundation is to strengthen the network’s complete ecosystem. This foundation is in charge of carrying out several vital tasks, including sponsoring various initiatives like grants and hackathons, enlarging communities to international locations, and assisting and bringing together people to create vibrant communities.
- Oasis University Program: This program aims to develop a community of program-interested node operators with more than 25 initial members. In a layer 1 blockchain ROSE protocol, this program at a university is the biggest.
- Ambassadors and collaborators: This team of evangelists, technologists, and influencers aims to aid the project’s growth.
- Oasis Labs: Oasis Labs was one of the project’s original partners. He oversaw the majority of the project’s development on this foundation.
What Problems Does Oasis Solve?
Oasis Network is a global, consortium-based, open-source content management system (CMS) that provides a platform for content management, sharing, and analytics. Oasis is used by millions of organizations around the world to manage content, share it with colleagues, and track results.
Oasis solves 3 big problems for content management:
- Simplify content management – Oasis makes organizing, sharing, and analyzing your content accessible.
- Improve sharing – Oasis provides a powerful sharing feature that makes sharing your content with colleagues easy.
- Make content tracking easy – Oasis makes it easy to follow and analyze your content so you can see where your content is most popular.
The Oasis Team
The developer team comprises prominent talent from Apple, Google, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, UC Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, Stanford, Harvard, and other top institutions. The core engineering team is mainly composed of PHD-educated individuals dedicated to growing and increasing the effect of the Oasis Network.
- The founder of Oasis Labs, an active participant in the Oasis Ecosystem and one of the original developers of the Oasis technology, is Dawn Song, a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, and one of the greatest authorities on computer security and reliable artificial intelligence.
- A worldwide team of professionals from Europe, Asia, and North America makes up the Oasis Foundation’s core. The Technical Advisory Committee, which guides the Oasis Foundation and ecosystem participants on technical matters relating to the Oasis Network, leads the foundation’s technical team.
- Technical Advisory Committee of Oasis:
- Core Oasis Foundation Team Members:
The Oasis Network has a strong and growing ecosystem of partners and contributors. A dynamic community of about 1,000 node operators, developers, enterprise partners, and ambassadors exists within the Oasis Network. The network collaborated with well-known initiatives across all categories to accelerate platform development.
Several Oasis Network partners related to:
- Application Partners and Integrations: Binance, Alethea AI, Chainlink, Bankex,Castalise,..
- Select Node Operators: Ankr, Bison Trails, Figment, Polychain Labs,…
- University Program: Aberdeen, Cornell Blockchain, Australian National University,..
- Block Explorers & Leaderboards: stake-fish, Anthem created by Chorus, Hubble created by Figment Networks, Smart Stake,..
- Developer Tooling: JS Client Library created by zondax, Network Stats Tool created by Oasis Network, Rosetta,…
- Ecosystem Grants: Blockdaemon, Chainflow, Everstake,…
- Security: HackerOne, Trail of Bits.
- Wallets & Custodians: Bitpie, Finoa, Ledger,…
- Select Backers: a16z, Accel, Polychain Capital, Pantera.
What Is ROSE Token?
The Oasis Network’s native utility and settlement token, ROSE, has a limited supply. It is utilized for intelligent contract operations that demand transaction fees in ParaTimes and for staking and delegation on the Oasis Consensus Layer.
Given that ROSE cryptocurrencies have long been associated with secrecy and this coin is privacy-focused, its name and emblem are a natural fit for the project’s goals. There are only 10 billion of these tokens available.
Basic Information About ROSE
- Token name: Oasis Network
- Ticker: ROSE
- Blockchain: Oasis Blockchain Platform
- Contract: 0x26B80FBfC01b71495f477d5237071242e0d959d7
- Token type: Utility type
- Total supply: nearly 10,000,000,000 tokens
- Circulating supply: 5.03B ROSE
Initial Supply Distribution At launch, the network will distribute roughly 8.05 billion ROSE tokens to existing stakeholders, founders, and community reserves. The breakdown of these allocations (as a percentage of the maximum supply) is as follows:
- Backers: 23.0%
- Community & Ecosystem: 22.5%
- Core Contributors: 20.0%
- Foundation Endowment: 10.0%
- Strategic Partners & Reserve: 5.0%
The Oasis Network will distribute the remaining 19.5% as staking rewards to validators and delegators for securing the chain. Oasis Labs expects that approximately 1.5 billion tokens will be in circulation immediately upon mainnet launch.
With the help of numerous funders, including a16z, poly chain capital, Pantera, metaStable, and others, Oasis Labs raised $45M in a Series A round in 2018.
Oasis Network sold around 2.3 billion ROSE crypto in this round or 23% of its maximum supply:
- Ticker: ROSE
- Token type: Blockchain Platform
- ICO Token Price: 1 ROSE = 0.08 USD
- Total Tokens: 10,000,000,000
- Min/Max Personal Cap: 2000 USDC
- Total Fund Raised: $45,000,000 (from 29 OCT – 18 NOV, 2021)
Price of ROSE Today
|Oasis Network Price||$0.1|
24h Low / 24h High
|$0.09981 / $0.1053|
|Trading Volume 24h||$82,670,404.01 27.87%|
What is ROSE Used For?
ROSE is a native crypto in short supply that is employed in the following new use cases:
- Supply: The supply of the token for ROSE is limited. At launch, there will be roughly 1.5 billion tokens in circulation, and the overall supply is limited to 10 billion tokens.
- Token Utility: At the Consensus Layer, the ROSE coin is employed for transaction fees, staking, and delegation.
- Staking Rewards: A total of 2.3 billion coins will be automatically given on-chain to stakers and delegators as staking rewards for progressively protecting the network.
Where to Buy ROSE Crypto?
There are many platforms listing ROSE such as Binance, FTX, Coinbase and Bittrex with exellent services and trading options such as futures and margin trading.
- Bittrex Vs Binance: Which Crypto Exchange Is Better For You in 2023
- FTX Vs Binance: Which Crypto Exchange Is Better For You in 2023
- Coinbase vs Binance: Which Crypto Exchange is Best?
How to Buy ROSE Tokens?
- Step 1: Choose an exchange platform to place your order on.
- Step 2: Signup an account and check the confirmation mail in your mailbox.
- Step 3: Purchase on the platform of your choice.
- Best Crypto Exchanges For Trading In 2023: Centralized Exchanges
- TOP 12 Best Altcoins To Trade & HODL In 2023: Best Trading Coins For Beginner
How to Store ROSE Coins?
To handle your ROSE tokens, you can use a Ledger hardware wallet in conjunction with a web-based or mobile wallet. Oasis also provides a Command Line Interface that can be used with a file-based wallet or a Ledger hardware wallet for more technically savvy customers.
Or you can choose a hot wallet for short-term trading like MetaMask or Trust Wallet for keeping your digital assets.
- Best Crypto Wallets For Storing Coins In 2023: Hot Wallets & Cold Wallets
- What is Metamask and Trust Wallet? Difference of Metamask Vs Trust Wallet? Which Is Better For You 2023
Goals of Oasis
Oasis Network is a layer 1 blockchain that promotes data privacy and confidential smart contracts. Thanks to its high throughput and secure design, the Oasis Network intends to power scalable solutions on DeFi and data privacy.
Oasis assists in forming lively, artistic communities and bringing people together.
They assist and provide financing for various neighborhood initiatives (through grants, hackathons, and more).
They are encouraging The Oasis Network’s decentralization, governance, and openness.
It increases knowledge of current activities, product features, and projects while teaching and ensuring everyone is informed.
Prospect Of ROSE
By August 19, 2023, Oasis Network’s value is anticipated to increase by 19.96% and reach $ 0.120114 based on Coincodex’s most recent price projection. Coincodex technical indicators indicate that the current mood is bearish, and the Fear & Greed Index is currently at 46 (Fear). Over the previous 30 days, Oasis Network reported 20/30 (67%) green days and 27.65% price volatility. It’s not a good time to acquire Oasis Network right now.
How to earn ROSE tokens?
The following are some of the ways to get ROSE digital asset:
- Participate in community challenges to earn it or become an Oasis Ambassador.
- Obtain it by turning it into a Validator.
- Get a ROSE Grant to earn it.
Should you invest in Oasis?
The Oasis Network seems to be an intriguing cryptocurrency venture with a few distinctive features. Many experts regard this currency as a wise long-term investment.
Is investing in ROSE risky?
Due to its recent price fluctuation in proportion to volume changes, the cryptocurrency ROSE has a low-risk score, which provides traders cause to be optimistic about the token’s current manipulability.
Why Is Oasis popular?
Oasis is famous because it is a new generation Blockchain platform with many ground-breaking, unique, and potentially useful technologies. Besides, Oasis Network has a robust community with a large group of operators, developers, venture partners, ambassadors (Ambassadors), and community members active on international social media platforms. Those things contribute to Oasis’s popularity.
Is it the right time to buy ROSE?
One of the cryptocurrencies this year that appears to be rising the most is Oasis Network (ROSE). ROSE is an excellent investment for 2023 based on the Oasis Network’s accomplishments over the past few months.
What can I buy with ROSE?
Oasis Network (ROSE) can be purchased on a cryptocurrency exchange like Uphold. These niche markets, which function like stock trading platforms, let you buy and sell bitcoins. The Oasis Network is primarily a blockchain platform focusing on personal data protection and privacy.
How is Oasis different from other blockchain projects?
Tokenized Data is a new paradigm made possible by the distinctive fusion of blockchain and secure computing provided by The Oasis Network. Users of tokenized data can earn rewards by staking their data with apps that want to analyze it or managing how their services use their most private information.
Can I convert Oasis coins to other currencies?
The exchange where you purchased your ROSE crypto also lets you convert or sell it: Log in to the business where ROSE is present. Suppose you keep your Oasis Network in a digital wallet and research cryptocurrency exchanges before selling or converting it. Cove Markets recommend you should choose Binance, Coinbase, FTX and Uniswap which are the best exchange at the moment.
Read more: Binance Vs BinanceUS Guide 2023: Which Exchange is Best?
How can I find more information about Oasis?
You can discover more about Oasis by visiting its website, associated websites, or online forums.(https://oasisprotocol.org/)
Covemarkets has provided readers with all the information about the Oasis Network project and the ROSE coin. Although, the technologies and features that Oasis Network provides help solve some of the security-related problems. However, investors must do thorough research to make the right decision.
Disclaimer. This is not monetary guidance. Mentioning coins and tokens doesn’t imply that you should buy, sell, or take part in the related network. We urge you to conduct your own research and make your own decisions about your investments.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is not investment advice from Cove Markets. Cryptocurrency investment activities are yet to be recognized and protected by the laws in some countries. Cryptocurrencies always contain financial risks.
TOP 10 Best Shitcoins To Trade, HODL & Watch In 2023
Layer 1 Vs Layer 2 Vs Layer 3: Blockchain Scaling Solutions Need To Know 2023
Day Trading Cryptocurrency: The Best Strategies for Success