Tezos (XTZ coin) is one of the cryptocurrencies that has attracted the attention of many people in 2022. So what is Tezos coin exactly, what is XTZ coin, should invest in Tezos coin (XTZ coin) are not? Let’s go to learn more about this coin in the content of the article below.
What is Tezos (XTZ)?
Tezos is a future-proof, secure, smart contract blockchain with a built-in consensus mechanism. By using that consensus mechanism, Tezos wants to establish a “new crypto commonwealth”. To put it more simply, Tezos is a platform coin and competes with other platforms like Ethereum, Solana, Polkadot to attract Developers to come and build applications on its port.
Tezos’ goal is simple: the platform can incorporate new innovations over time. Tezos also has its own blockchain, which was developed from the ground up so the platform is not based on any other blockchain. Developers don’t need to fork bitcoin or Ethereum and add a layer on top.
One of the advantages of the Tezos blockchain is that it is based on a low-power algorithm. This algorithm requires less intensive computation and consumes less power while still using a reliable proof-of-state consensus algorithm.
Background of Tezos
Tezos was first proposed by Arthur Breitman and his wife, Kathleen, in 2014, using the pseudonym (LM Goodman). The project’s whitepaper emphasizes that Tezos is a self-amending cryptographic ledger. The idea was well received, but it took the founders about 4 years to launch the platform.
Tezos was funded in 2017 through an ICO. In 13 days, Tezos Foundation raised $232 million to implement the project. At the time, it was one of the biggest ICO deals and attracted a lot of attention. However, a series of lawsuits and internal troubles caused the project to be delayed, but in the end. It was successfully launched in 2018.
After the launch, Tezos started sharing grants and training opportunities to attract some of the best brains and crypto enthusiasts. Over the years, it has made several protocol modifications. Some of the most important modifications include the development of more efficient smart contracts and the introduction of staking in the platform.
How Does Tezos Work?
Tezos works in a similar way to other blockchains. The key innovation here is how new additions are added to the blockchain. Here’s how it works:
- When a developer proposes a protocol upgrade, that developer can attach an invoice to receive payment to their address when their upgrade proposal is approved. This approach provides a strong incentive for participation in Tezos core development while also decentralizing the maintenance of the network.
- Developers will receive tokens if their upgrade request is approved. Those tokens have immediate value. That means developers don’t need to seek funding, pay a salary, or have to work alone.
- Tezos also uses formal proofs to verify that key attributes are maintained over time. Through this approach, Tezos was able to add new technical innovations quickly while also enforcing a kind of constitutionalism.
- Stakeholders can collaborate with on-chain projects. Additionally, the Tezos blockchain allows for bounties to be created – for example when specific features need to be implemented, or specific bugs need to be eliminated.
What Problems Does Tezos Solve?
There are two main problems that Tezos poses for many current blockchain platforms:
The community is divided when the Hard fork
Blockchain is designed as a democratic society, meaning that power will belong to the participants who build and maintain the network. When there is a difference in ideas and views on building the system, instability will occur. If the community does not reach a consensus, the result may be the Blockchain split into different chains. This happened in the hardfork of Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Hard forlk causes instability, splits community power, causing the price of Blockchain Tokens to also change in a negative direction. At the same time, new technologies appear every day, but current crypto projects face many difficulties in changing and applying these new technologies.
The cost of maintaining network security is too great
Mining BTC with a miner means that you are contributing to the safety of the Bitcoin network. The more people participate in mining, the stronger the network will be, the harder it will be to attack. However, the cost for this process to take place is not small, from excavator fees, electricity bills and problems such as CO2 emissions, etc.
Therefore, Tezos wants to create a Blockchain with protocols that can modify the system easily. Stakeholders have the right to vote on changes on the system, not just with developer groups like other Blockchains. This prevents chain splits and creates a solid block. At the same time, Tezos also created a reward mechanism for system innovators to keep Tezos up to date with the latest technology.
Not stopping there, Tezos also extended a Middleware called Network Shell. This network will assist in the communication between Network Protocol and Blockchain Protocol. Simply put, the Network Shell allows Tezos to extend a self-reinforcing ledger (Self-Amending Ledger).
The Tezos Team
As mentioned above, the founders of this Tezos project are Arthur Breitman and Kathleen Breitman.
- Arthur Breitman is a former Morgan Stanley employee who worked in quantitative finance. Previously he studied applied mathematics, computer science, physics and financial mathematics.
- Kathleen Breitman is a former employee of Ray Dalio’s hedge fund Bridgewater Associates and R3, a distributed database technology company.
- With that behind it is a team of advisors, developers including: Vincent Bernadoff, Bozman Çağdaş, Benjamin Canou and a group of other developers. Tezos’ development team is mostly based in Paris, France and most of them are PhDs with degrees related to computer science, programming language experts, etc.
- In addition, this Tezos project is also managed by the investment fund Tezos Foundation – This is one of the investment funds based in Switzerland and was established after the ICO. The main purpose of the Tezos Foundation is the management of ICOs, as well as the implementation of proposals with the task of project development.
Tezos coin has a lot of partnerships, for example with the following companies:
- Misfits Gaming Group (MGG): the parent company of Misfits, Florida Mutineers, and Florida Mayhem, has announced a cryptocurrency partnership with blockchain company Tezos. Tezos will serve as the official blockchain for Misfits and include marquee branding and sponsorship rights.
- Manchester United: has announced a landmark multi-year partnership which will see Tezos, one of the world’s most advanced and sustainable blockchains, featured on the club’s range of men’s and women’s training kits. The partnership will introduce Manchester United fans to Web3 technology through the Tezos blockchain.
What Is XTZ Token?
XTZ is a Utility Token with the role of a cryptocurrency, the main asset in the Tezos ecosystem. In addition to providing profit and motivational fuel in the Tezos network, XTZ also acts as a “vote” used to vote when a proposal is published on the network.
On September 17, 2018, Tezos went to Mainnet. From there, XTZ officially runs on Tezos Chain.
Basic Information About XTZ
- Token Name: Tezos Token
- Ticker: XTZ
- Blockchain: Tezos
- Contrac: Tez
- Token Type: Utility Token
- Token Standard: ERC-677
- Circulating Supply: 905,470,816.22 XTZ
- Fully Diluted Market Cap: $1,771,860,414
- Early Backers and Contractors: 0,5%
- Dynamic Ledger Solutions: 10,1%
- Tezos Foundation: 10,1%
- ICO participation: 79,4%
- Public sale (ICO):
- Start Date: June 28, 2017.
- End Date: 13/07/2017.
- Token Price: $0.47
- Payment by: BTC, ETH
- Total raised capital: 361,122 ETH + 65,681 BTC
- Total Tokens sold in the ICO: 607,489,041 XTZ
Price of XTZ Today
- Today’s XTZ price is $1.62
- 24 hour Trading Vol – 24 hour trading volume (17/08/2022): $51,890,480
- Market Cap: $1,747,659,074
What is XTZ Used For?
XTZ can be used for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to:
- Payment for services in the Tezos ecosystem.
- Awarded for approved upgrades.
- Pay rewards to participants who confirm the block.
- Represents the voting power to change the system.
How to Buy XTZ Tokens?
XTZ coins can be bought on many popular cryptocurrency exchanges, such as Binance, Kraken, FTX, Uniswap and Coinbase. To buy XTZ coins, users first need to set up an account on an exchange and deposit funds into their account. Once funds have been deposited, users can then buy XTZ coins using their deposited funds.
How to Store XTZ Coins?
To store XTZ coins, users need to set up a Tezos wallet. There are many available online and some wallets are more secure than others. Once a user has chosen a wallet, they can either buy XTZ coins on an exchange or transfer them from another wallet.
Goals of Tezos
Tezos plans to be the “last cryptocurrency”, meaning that it will not require future forks.
Other goals of Tezos include:
- Providing a self-amending cryptographic ledger
- Creating a decentralized autonomous organization
- Offering a formal verification environment for smart contracts
- Enabling token holders to vote on protocol upgrades
Prospect Of XTZ
The XTZ coin is a great cryptocurrency for everyday use. It is one of the most trusted and reliable digital currencies that is gaining popularity day by day. The XTZ coin has a great future ahead, and it is predicted to grow exponentially in the coming years.
How to earn XTZ tokens?
There are two ways to earn XTZ tokens.
- The first is to participate in the Tezos Foundation’s Genesis Block program.
- The second is to purchase XTZ tokens from an exchange.
Should you invest in Tezos?
Investing in Tezos is quite risky. Because it still has a long way to go to catch up with competitors in the market. While its competitors such as: Ethereum, Solana, Polkadot, Cardano, EOS, NEO, AVAX, TRON… will certainly never stand still, but instead they are constantly updating to attract more users. than. Currently, Tezos is more suitable for short-term investment than long-term investment.
Is investing in XTZ risky?
There is always some risk when investing in any asset, including XTZ. However, the risks associated with XTZ are relatively low compared to other assets.
Why is Tezos popular?
Tezos is popular because it is a blockchain platform that allows for the formal verification of smart contracts. This means that developers can be sure that their contracts will work as intended, and that they will not contain any errors that could lead to loss of funds. Tezos also has a built-in governance system that allows for the smooth upgrade of the network, without the need for hard forks.
Is it the right time to buy XTZ?
This is a difficult question to answer. Cryptocurrencies are notoriously volatile, and XTZ is no different. Prices can rise and fall rapidly, making it hard to predict the best time to buy. However, if you believe in the long-term potential of XTZ, then any dip in price could be a good opportunity to buy.
What can I buy with XTZ?
XTZ can be used to purchase a variety of goods and services. Some of the things that can be bought with XTZ include:
- Computers and computer accessories
- Home décor
- Gift cards
How is Tezos different from other blockchain projects?
It can be said that Tezos is like a competitor of Blockchain technologies such as: Ethereum, Solana, Polygon, Cosmos, Polkadot, Cardano and Zcash. Because its features are created to always improve and innovate, towards the best user experience.
As for the previous Blockchains, they are described by 3 features:
- S: Simply put, this is an internal state that can be changed. For example in Bitcoin, the S feature will have the effect of aggregating untapped outputs.
- Apply: A transition uses state S, a transaction T, and it creates a new state S.
- Points: There is a task of calculating points to determine the valid Blockchain branch. For example in Bitcoin, points will act as the total Hashing Power On-Chain.
The difference of Tezos from other Blockchains, is that it allows to Apply and Scoring a partial state that is subject to change, so it is seen as the rule of a self-governing ledger. A few unique features make Tezos attractive to users.
Can I convert Tezos coins to other currencies?
How can I find more information about Tezos?
You can find more information about Tezos on our website Covemarkets.com
We hope that the above information will help you to better understand the Tezos project and what XTZ Coin is. If you have any questions or would like to contribute, please leave a comment below and we will be happy to update the article further. Good luck with your investment!
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is not investment advice from Cove Markets. Cryptocurrency investment activities are yet to be recognized and protected by the laws in some countries. Cryptocurrencies always contain financial risks.